Growing Healthy with Houseplants
Does the long Wisconsin winter wear you down? Would you like to add something to your life that will increase your health, well-being and happiness? Believe it or not, something as simple as adding a houseplant to your home or office can improve your quality of life. We’ve long known that taking care of plants is a positive activity, and we are thrilled that there has been resurgence in the popularity of houseplants in recent years. We carry tropical foliage plants in a range of sizes as well as succulents, cacti and blooming plants. Learn more about our Houseplants & Succulents.
Did you know that the best houseplants can:
- Provide cleaner interior air quality
- Remove up to 10% of the carbon dioxide in the air
- Remove toxins from the air
- Increase air humidity
- Reduce airborne microbes & dust
- Boost your mood
- The presence of houseplants has been shown to lower levels of stress, anxiety and depression while increasing feelings of optimism and well-being.
- Increase productivity
- Studies have shown that office workers who kept and tended plants in their work space displayed measurably higher levels of creativity, productivity, memory retention, and work accuracy.
- Make you a better person!
- Research out of the University of Texas indicates that caring for plants improves interpersonal relationships by increasing compassion and empathy.